Saturday 16 May 2015

Panini Triple Play 2012 and 2013

 

I really liked this Panini product, however I think that I might be a part of the minority as after two years they dropped it. Collecting the whole base set was fairly easy if you purchased a box. The inserts, on the other hand, remain tricky to complete, in particular the 9 cards that make a larger picture.  Even COMC  has only a few, perhaps collectors do not consider these 'serious' cards.
The two packs were purchased for 'The Dollar Store' in Londonderry.

2012 pack
7 cards per pack
#23 Carlos Santana Cleveland
#64 Andrew McCutchen Pittsburgh
#81 Evan Longoria Tampa Bay
#96 (6 of 9) Justin Upton Arizona
#138 (3 of 9) A-Rod  New York
sticker #17 Chipper Jones Atlanta
Grand Slam Tattoo #5
My favourite card from the 2012 set
2013 pack
7 cards per pack
#6 Jason Heyward Atlanta
#13 Starlin Castro Chicago
#23 Chris Perez Cleveland
#54 Matt Harvey New York
#68 Chase Headley San Diego
#75 Carlos Beltran St.Louis
#11 sticker Derek Jeter New York

While I loved the images from 2012, I feel that the 2013 selection was not as good.
Not a single Red Sox from either pack.


No comments:

Post a Comment